Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Patience || The Love Dare

 




 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, 
bearing with one another in love. —Ephesians 4:2 NIV

     Recently I randomly picked up the book "The Love Dare" and the within the first two paragraphs I knew this is what my friendships and my dating relationship needed! Within the pages I realized why I am the way that I am and the reasons I responded in such a way that I do. I saw that I have a short fuse with the ones that I love and its the reason they respond to me in certain ways.
     I have always had a quick sharp tongue and have been one to be controlled by my emotions. Fast to retaliate to harsh words or things I dont want to hear. I am naturally irritable and impatient and often times lack peace in trying times. I would blame it on my artist side but really its my lack of the fruit of the spirit. Lately I have been able to clearly see these faults of mine that really effect my relationships and the wisdom and simple revalation of this book has really helped! 

“A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but the slow to anger calms a dispute” (Proverbs 15:18). 


     Patcience and kindness are the two pillars of love that help hold a relationshop together. Without them our relationships and friendship can fall apart. 
This first dare was to say nothing negative to the other person. I didnt realize how much I complained! How often I rediculed and nagged! Its taken three times to get this down. To remember not to speak negative but kind. Its our first nature to be the "glass half empty." But getting it right, being positive, patcient and kind is a muscle that must be worked for healthy relationhips and friendships. So I must stay in this spiritual gym if I want to see improvement! If it takes 3 times or 33 times to get it right we better keep trying!
     I am so thankful that the Lord is so gracious to our human condition. That we can be filled with him and like him that we can forgive others thier wrongs. I am thankful for relationships and friendships with people trying to be like Jesus. I am thankful for the marathon journey of love and patcience. I am thankful that I am of the right mind to know when Im wrong and to let the Holy Spirit fix my heart and send me running in the right direction!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment