Monday, June 3, 2013

Passion

Psalm 144:12


May our sons flourish in their youth
    like well-nurtured plants.
May our daughters be like graceful pillars,
    carved to beautify a palace.





How do I know the will of God?
Who am I?
and what do I love?
What are my dreams?
What do I cry about?
What do I sing about?
What am I supposed to do with my life?
Whats the next step?

What am I passionate about and what do I do with it?

With all these questions how can I feel peace in my soul?


(photo credit to Beka Fox! love this pic!)

These are some questions I have been asking myself and its been killing me.
I think a lot of people my age and coming out of college or  ministry programs find these questions haunting them. Its so easy to get fully overwhelmed with these worries and live for the worry.


But our God's way is the way of peace.
 He has equipped his disciples with passions and he, for his glory's sake will lead us forward on firm footing. 
For the glory of his name! 
I have a passion to make him famous! 
He has placed in me a passion to bring him glory, to lead people to his heart
to be a disciple.


(worship forever :) hehehe)
In his word he has showed me what to pray and I know that he will answer all my questions and he will keep me 
and show me which paths to take.

Come quickly, LORD, and answer me, for my depression deepens. Don't turn away from me, or I will die. 8 Let me hear of your unfailing love to me in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I have come to you in prayer.9 Save me from my enemies, LORD; I run to you to hide me. 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. 11 For the glory of your name, O LORD, save me. In your righteousness, bring me out of this distress. 12 In your unfailing love, cut off all my enemies and destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.

Psalm 143:7-12

I love to pray the scripture. This is such a good scripture to take to heart. I love that the Lord shows us what to pray in the word.
David was a passionate worshiper, a man of prayer and a man after God own heart. 
And he even had to ask the lord to show him where to walk.
He asked the Lord to show him his unfailing love, 
to teach him to do his will.

This is a prayer I pray often

"show me where to walk, teach me to do your will, for I am trusting you."




And there in his presence all worry is gone.
I know who I am
I am a lover of his presence, a daughter adopted into his kingdom through Jesus.
I dream about a generation of disciples, of world changers
I cry when I am not actively doing what I dream about
I sing about his glorious presence and peace, to bring him glory.


My prayer is that you will truly find your passion and do it with all your heart
that you may live a satisfied life in the will of God

that the sons of God will flourish in their youth
that the daughters of God will be pillars that beautify the church

and you change the World.



No comments:

Post a Comment