Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hope.


"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

                                                                    Hebrews 11:1


HOPE.
 Hope is a powerful emotion.
With it can be the most effective tool
and without it can be the most crippling.
If you have hope what you feel you can have can be had, what you  dream about doing can be done. When you are hopeful about something you look forward to it and you have desire for it. Hope is having a desire filled with great anticipation.

I have lost hope before.
I have felt like my life was going no where good any time fast. 
I have started things and not seen them through to conclusion for the lack of hope that it would work out. 
I have lost great relationships because I gave up hoping for them.
I have felt unloved and unhoped for.

And along with every other human being on this planet I have not fully trusted the Lord with all my heart and instead sat in self pity and despair because what I hoped for didnt seem possible.

Despair is the enemy of Hope.

How if we are rightful sons and daughters of the living God who has all power and authority and cares about every part of our lives can we lose hope in him? When has he ever failed?
Where has he given us any reason to lack trust?
He is faithful
and he is in covenant with us and he would never break his covenant. He loves us so much. He has made it clear from beging of time that he has control and everything is going to be alright.

And so I think I know why we lose hope, we lack trust and have no faith.... Well at least I can speak for my self...

We simply just can't see it.
Yeah we can't see that the hard stuff we are doing now will be worth it. Even though we cant see it doesnt mean that it isnt real! ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF WE SIMPLY BELIEVE IF WE HOPE AND WE TRUST.
It is hard to trust people when we can't plainly see the outcome. But God is unlike us. He is divine and Holy and filled with unfailing love and he aims to see us rest in his assurance.

If only I had such easy faith.
If only I could trust him unwaveringly.
If only, If only....

It is possible.


I love the story of Abraham. That guy had so much faith. God told him that he would have as many descendants as there were stars in the sky. He held fast to that promise, he believed that God would do everything he said he was going to do. He walked around like he already had the promise. He owned God's word over him. And because of his faith he was counted as righteous. His great faith brought glory to God!
oh my goodness.... have you read Romans Chapter 4? Paul puts a whole new perspective on the story of Abraham and his faith.
We can have great faith.
My faith in believing what God says he is going to do in my  life and through my life can bring glory to God.
I am standing on the promises of God.
I am walking around like his promises for me have been fulfilled because they have!
and there is no better time than now for everyone of us
who is lacking in trust,
who lacks in hope for the future
who feels lonely and in despair
to place our trust in the savior.

He is coming to our rescue.
The future is bright and glorious if we let him take us by the hand and lead us down the NARROW road.

No matter where on this earth we are
no matter our circumstance

There is hope.

Share it today.








No comments:

Post a Comment